Life Skills Camp provides workshops on various topics related to living independently as an adult. Tailored for youth and young adults aged 14-21, it provides an opportunity to have a camp encounter while gaining applicable real-world skills. Our program aims to provide a camp experience that creates a sense of normalcy for youth who may have experienced adversity and challenges while providing practical skills for everyday life.
Life Skills Camp covers the following topic areas:
- Academic Skills & Education Options
- Career & Employment Preparation
- Budgeting & Financial Management
- Maintaining a Home
- Health Education & Risk Prevention
- Finding Support & Healthy Relationships
- Communication & Problem-solving
- Healthy Cooking & Active Lifestyles
- Goal-Setting & Team-Building
Life Skills Camp is for:
- Youth in foster care or adoptive homes
- Youth too old to qualify for traditional camp programming
- Youth who would benefit from assistance in developing life skills
- Youth preparing to live independently soon or have already moved out on their own in the community
Life Skills Camp Cost:
– Summer Camp (week-long session) $200 per camper
– Weekend Camp (weekends throughout the year) $75 per camper
*Financial Aid is available. Please contact us if you would like to attend but may not be able to pay.
Other Useful Forms:
If you have an individual or a group that would like to attend Life Skills Camp or have any questions, please contact Rachel Gratz at email@example.com.